Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back Into The Swing of Things, Pt. 2

So it's the beginning of the semester and this is normally the easy part of the year.  This semester, I'm working at the call center still, taking 15 hours of classes and I will be driving to Navasota twice a week to observe in a classroom.  I''m reallllly excited about this semester because of all the hands-on work I'll get to do.  Pretty much all of my classes have assignments that I'll actually get to use and implement in the classroom I'm in!!  As far as difficulty, my classes shouldn't be too difficult, although I am taking a class from the devil.  She's not only super disorganized and has trouble teaching her class, she gave us a pop quiz on Labor Day (yes, my school has classes on Labor day, and yes, it pisses all the students off).  She called it a "Labor Day Present."  Really? No, I think of presents as good things, a pop quiz is NEVER a good thing.  And she's giving us a test the second week of school too.

On a personal note, I'm involved in an organization, Student Council for Exceptional Children, which is a really fun professional organization that I'm currently the secretary for!  I've been really trying to stay involved with my school this year because I understand how important it is to be a part of something bigger than me.

I went to the first football game and had a really great time!  I went with a couple of friends and we had a ball!  The only thing that makes me dislike going to our football is that the student section stands.  For the ENTIRE game.  Which is fine and dandy, I guess, if it's not close to 100 degrees and if you haven't been on your feet for four hours before the game.  But on the plus side, the Aggies brought it home with a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment