Friday, August 26, 2011

Listsssss

So I'm sitting at home.  Alone.  Watching Juno.  I love this movie for so many reasons, but the most important is because it reminds me of my best friend from high school.  We went to see the movie at the theater when if first came out and had an excellent time.  And yes, we both wanted Juno to end up with Jason Bateman's character.  It doesn't make us terrible people.  I promise.
Anyway....
This week I've been thinking a lot lately (one of the down sides to having so much free time on my hands).  Here is a list of all the things I miss from the 'wonder years' (yeah I threw up a little when I wrote that):
1.  My worries about guys were if I'd get asked out on a date, not whether or not I'd end up married or alone for the rest of my life.
2.  I wasn't committed to any one specific career path.
3.  My friends and I were inseparable.  I haven't spoken to Troy since May and even then it really hasn't been since December; Jessica and I really only see each other for an hour or so and talk infrequently; etc...
4.  Classes were a joke, now I have legitimate work
5.  I didn't get paid absolute crap at my job.
6.  Cleaning my stuff consisted of cleaning my room, not a kitchen, living room, dining room bedroom and bathroom.
7.  When I needed a hug, my mom was just around the corner.
8.  My dogs were never more than 10 feet away, not 3 hours away.
9.  I could watch tv shows like CSI, Criminal Minds, Dexter, etc without terrifying myself to death about being a single woman living alone.
10.  My dad would iron my shirts for me.
Publish Post
All of these are all the reasons I miss life when I was in high school.  Readers, (if I do in fact have them) What do you miss from your 'wonder years'?

No comments:

Post a Comment