Thursday, August 4, 2011

Nostalgia

So since I was soo busy at camp, I didn't have much time to miss my sister who's millions of miles away or my puppies and parents back home.  Now that all of that is done and I'm back to my normal schedule, I got a wee bit nostalgic.  When I went home this weekend, I got to spend time with my parents and my puppies.  One thing that I learned while I was home was that my Grandmother on my Dad's side of the family (deceased) was quite the cook.  Apparently she used to make all of these fantastic dinners and would go all out for every dinner.  We kept talking and I found out that she used to sell cookies.  Specifically these clothespin cookies.  I don't remember having ever eaten them or really her baking or cooking that much.  Most of the time our trips to visit them included a trip to Raptis Family Restaurant - A local 'dive' that knew my grandparents by name!  I really want to make the clothespin cookies for my Dad as sort of a surprise or something and so I messaged my cousin to see if she knew who got the recipes.  As it turns out, she has all of my Grandma's recipes and she said that some of them are os old they're nearly falling apart!  My cousin said that she's been trying to find the time lately to get some of the recipes and things together to send to me since she knows that I love to cook and bake just like her!  She even said she'd part with an apron for me!!  It's the little things like that make my day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment