Sunday, April 22, 2012

Whirlwind!

The past few weekends have been a whirlwind of stuff!!! So I've got my last few days of classes and placement left and with that means like a thousand projects..... Oh how I hate projects.  On the plus side, all of my finals are either online or take home tests!! whoop!!! :)  SO that means I won't have to waste valuable time studying!  So the last two weekends I've gone home to San Antonio to spend time with the family as well as see some friends.  Jessica and I have been spending more and more time together when I'm home which is always super fantastic and then there is all the fun partying I get to do there now!!
While the last few weekends have been all about fun, this weekend was jam packed with stuff!  Friday I subbed which wasn't too terrible actually! And then I got ready for Aggie Relay for Life.  This is an event that I truly love! It is an event put on by the American Cancer Society and the whole 12 hour event mirrors the cancer diagnosis and treatment.  When you start the night at 7PM, you are pumped and strong and ready to spend 12 hours awake, just like when you are first diagnosed with cancer, you have strength and are determined to beat it.  As the night goes on, or as treatment goes on, it gets tough to keep going, your legs are sore from walking, you're tired, it's freaking cold and windy and you just can't get warm, your spirit lessens as well as your strength.  Then as you see dawn, you see that you aren't that far away from the finish line.  It's such a beautiful experience and I got to spend it with such an amazing group of people!!! It definitely makes me sad that this could be my last spring semester at A&M :(

Then when I came home in the wee hours Saturday morning, I slept till 1 and then tried to be productive....I got some homework done, and one load of laundry (of like 5 to be done...). Then Ashley came over with some pints of coldstone (could she be any better??) and we watched Friends and had girl time!

Then, a group of boys asked me to come over for some drinks and that if I came over, they'd watch the meteor shower with me!  So around 11 I went over and they're just always so much fun to hang out with! We ended up piling in a truck and going to the middle of nowhere to watch for meteors and guess what!  We actually saw some! And by some, I mean a bunch!!!!!! It was cold, but we were having so much fun trying to figure out if a slasher was going to come out of the woods and who was gonna die first, that we didn't notice how cold it was!

I'm happy with everything right now and can't believe that in 24 days, I'm leaving for LONDON!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment