Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!!
Thanksgiving is one of my absolute favorite holidays for a couple of reasons!
1.  It's a holiday that is specifically celebrating Domesticity!
2.  You're supposed to eat a ton of food
3.  Naps are encouraged
4.  Shopping is integral
5.  It's the kickoff for the Christmas holiday season!!!
Some of the reasons that this holiday wasn't spectacular this year is this: work.  I had to work a 14 hour day on Thanksgiving.  A majority of that involved me being on my feet which was pretty brutal.  I got to meet a TON of really neat people while I was serving drinks in the box suite for the Texas A&M vs tu game.  While the game was a joke due to poor reffing, the night was pretty much otherwise enjoyable.
Thanksgiving is just a wonderful time of year because everyone gets together and you all get to express what you're thankful for :)
As one of the children I babysit said, "I'm thankful for everything good!"

No comments:

Post a Comment