Monday, February 20, 2012

High School

Now, I was definitely not one of those high school girls.  I hated just about every second of it.  From the school dances in the gym, to group projects with pot heads and slackers, to analyzing Shakespeare, I have very few fond memories.  And by very few, I'm sure I could count them on two hands.... maybe even just the one.  Every time I come back home (especially when I come home by myself) I still feel kind of like I'm right back in high school.  Although, now when I come home, I can drink, so that already makes life better now than in high school.  But when I come home, I miss the simplicity of high school:  I very rarely had homework, and when I did it was easy,  I never had to read text books,  I could lie my way out of anything at school,  and I had a small group of friends that I saw all the time.  Now, I barely have time to see friends between work and school, and school work.  I also knew exactly what I wanted to do without any hesitation.  Now, I've discovered that teaching may not be my thing but that I want to do something that requires more schooling, and more money.  Great right?  Yeah, not so much.  High School may have sucked for a lot of reasons, but everything was a hell of a lot easier back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment