Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

For an interesting take on Valentine's day, and a view that I share, visit my sister the wisenheimer here!

As for my Valentine's Day, it was the first one that I've actually attended classes on since middle school. I know this sounds ridiculous because who doesn't lovvvvvve Valentine's day right? I don't like this holiday for the sheer reason that I find it a little exaggerated (read a lot). Call me old-fashioned, but I think a romantic evening at home spent with each other is much better than spending a ton of money on flowers and candy and presents. No don't misinterpret me here, presents are always acceptable no matter how corny the holiday is. But I can tell you that getting a thoughtful present on March 16th for just the simple reason that you care about me means a thousand times more to me and us infinitely more romantic than retrieving a cliched gift on February 14th. Obviously, this is just my opinion.

 I spent my day embracing the holiday by making cookies and cupcakes for those poor unfortunate singles who had to work last night. This is what I ended up with: giant heart shaped sugar cookies with royal icing for decoration and applesauce spice cupcakes with an almond scented cinnamon maple frosting. They were a HIT at work! The left over cupcakes went home with a couple of girls to accompany their Valentine's day celebration. As for the extra cookies, I've got the left overs and am planning on taking them to some friends today as a belated Valentine's treat!





No comments:

Post a Comment