Wednesday, June 8, 2011

You Have the Winning Dish...

This morning I woke up and went to work.  It was a real easy day as far as work goes, no running any errands in the company car.... but quiet nonetheless!  I came back to the apartment to have a little lunch and then finish up a quilt I'm working on!  I ended up with my left overs from Ghengis Grill and then taking a nap.  For about 2 hours.... So when I woke up, I popped in a DVD and started sewing!  I got the quilt top finished (pictures to come when it's completed) and then realized that as it's 8:30, I should probably eat.  I do this a lot.  The whole forgetting to eat thing happens quite frequently to me so I decided to use some of the stuff  Igot when I went to the grocery store over the weekend.  
I'm all about delicious food, but I'm also all about easy and quick.  I mean, it's 8:30pm. So I needed to eat soon so I can go to bed at a decent hour since I have to wake up early tomorrow!  So I put a pot of pasta on to boil and started slicing up some mushrooms.  I use an egg slicer to slice mushrooms and strawberries because it's just so much easier - and quicker - than using a knife.  

With all the prep work done, I put a sautee pan on the stove with enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.  Put pasta (I used ravioli, but tortalini or spaghetti or whatever pasta you want) When the oil gets hot, sautee the mushrooms up until they just change color.  Then open a can of pasta sauce and put in enough sauce for your pasta into the pan with the mushrooms.  Heat till its hot all through.  Then drain your pasta and put the pasta in the sauce pan or plate the pasta and then top with sauce!  You could also add turkey meatballs to make it more hearty!!  
Sauteed mushrooms and
Hunts Four Cheese Sauce (I added some fresh Mozzarella and some parmesan to make it cheesier!)
Mini raviolis that I used as my pasta
Finished dish!  (I really like mushrooms so that's why there is a TON of sauce!)
If you try this dish, let me know!! If I had had parsley I would have topped it with parsley but I didn't and it was still DELICIOUS!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment