Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ennui

Yesterday I had a case of Ennui.  If you haven't seen Gilmore Girls for the excellent explanation of this affliction, let me explain:  It's when you have an off day and nothing seems to be able to cheer you up.  The thing is, is that I've had these days before but, I can always pinpoint the reason for why I feel that way.  But for the first time, I'm just really happy.  I thought that maybe just taking a nap would help me feel better, but every time I crawled into bed, I couldn't get to sleep.  So I spent most of my day trying to sleep and when I finally did get out of bed I tried to pick up around the house a bit but just couldn't get motivated.  So I talked to my friend Jessica and she said that maybe taking a walk would help.  It was getting late, but I was just going to take a walk around our neighborhood.  I got outside and walking wasn't helping so I decided to run.  Now I am by NO means a runner. I sincerely dislike running.  But for some reason, the run was great!  It was just what I needed to get rid of my ennui.  After my run I was finally able to go to sleep and wake up feeling at least a little refreshed.  Today I'm determined to have a better more productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment