Friday, May 20, 2011

Growing Pains

This past week we went back to good ol' San Antonio for some much needed R&R.  All semester I've been swamped!  If I wasn't in class, I was at work and if I wasn't at work, I was doing school work at home.  In addition to my classes and part time job, I had a TON of volunteer projects:  I worked with international students for most of the semester, worked as a tutor in a second grade class full of kids that I adore, and worked with Special Olympics in addition to working with the special needs baseball league here in town.  Needless to say, I needed a break.  

One of the things that was completely evident to me when hanging out with my friends is that we're all growing up now.  All of my friends have their crap in order.  I hate to pull the peter pan card out but, I don't want to grow up.  

As my mom and I were cleaning my room out to make it "look like a grown up lives here," I realized, I don't live there anymore; I only live there maybe 2 months out of the year.  Then I got to hang out with a bunch of my old friends and they all have a direction and know exactly what they want out of life.  I feel like I'm there to an extent but not to the same extent that they are.  I know that I want to teach and that eventually I want a family but I still feel like I'm 18 years old.  It's weird to think that I'm in my 20s (a fact that I've been avoiding for 6 months now) and that the next decade is where so many new and exciting things are going to happen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment