Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day

I have officially lost my faith in new moms in America.  With Mother's day quickly approaching, I am all of a sudden thinking that in my card to my mother, I need to thank her for not only being a great mom to me these past 20 years, but I also feel compelled to thank her for naming me appropriately.  I'm thrilled my mom didn't name me after a popular character in a Danielle Steel novel or some popular character from a new movie at the time.  For goodness sakes, Dances with Wolves was popular the year I was born, I could have been Runs With Scissors, or something like that.  You think I'm kidding here but the office of Social Security posted the top ten baby names for boys and for girls this week.  Here it is:
Top 10 Names for Boys
1. Jacob
2. Ethan
3. Michael
4. Jayden
5. William
6. Alexander
7. Noah
8. Daniel
9. Aiden
10. Anthony

Top 10 Names for Girls
1. Isabella
2. Sophia
3. Emma
4. Olivia
5. Ava
6. Emily
7. Abigail
8. Madison
9. Chloe
10. Mia

The top name for both girls and boys, are both from the horribly written Twilight series.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love the name Isabella and the name Jacob.  But come on, if I met you and you told me your child was named Bella/Isabella/Jacob/Edward/Cullen/etc. I'd immediately lose a little respect for you.  I'd still be friends with you and I'd still talk to you but I'd be disappointed.  So this mother's day, make sure that you thank your mother for naming you appropriately.  Happy Mother's Day!! 
(List courtesy of Yahoo! news.  Link to full article click here)

No comments:

Post a Comment