Monday, May 23, 2011

Simplicity

It really amazes me how the simple things can totally make your day and today was filled with them!  First of all, I worked a full day and honestly, it was incredible!  I had a ton of stuff to do and stayed busy the whole day!  I absolutely love having things to do and staying busy!! When I got out of work, I realized that I have no groceries at the apartment and I needed to fill my gas tank up.  In order to make only one trip, I decided I could get what I need from Sam's Club.  I love Sam's!!  I can get a ton of things and all for a generally reasonable price :)  I filled my tank with the cheapest gas in town and then headed inside.  I knew that I wanted to get some mixed lettuce and this is what I came up with for my dinner:  A Strawberry balsamic salad.  My friend told me that it sounded really fancy, but it's only four ingredients:  Strawberries, mixed lettuce, slivered almonds and balsamic vinegar!!  All you have to do is wash the strawberries and cut the tops off  and then I slice them into quarters.  After the strawberries are sliced, you rinse off the lettuce and put it in a bowl.  Add the strawberries and then put a splash of balsamic vinegar on top.  Sprinkle a few almonds on the top and you've got yourself a nice simple little salad.  While I was slicing up the strawberries for the salad, I cut up a few extras and put them in a tupperware container in my fridge with a couple teaspoons of sugar.  This way, the strawberries will macerate and form a simple syrup that will be great over a bit of vanilla ice cream! :)  I'm looking forward to dessert tonight!  Before dinner, I got a chance to skype with my sister and now I need to just finish (read start) unpacking from my week back at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment