Monday, January 11, 2010

Dentist Barbie

Today was an interesting day to say the least!!!  I got to spend a good part of the day with Troy which was super fun!! We went to the mall and hung out and with the exception of the glow in the dark tapers he got for his ears, Troy got some pretty cool stuff!!!  After a morning of shopping and driving around with Troy, I begrudgingly went to the dentist's office.


OF COURSE, I get a new dental hygienist.  Not only is she new, and young, she looks IDENTICAL to a Barbie doll.  Now, I  could be wrong because I didn't really ever get into collecting Barbies, but I don't think there was ever a "dental hygienist Barbie." Which to me says that even Barbie was too intelligent to be a dental hygienist!!! This girl was super tall, super skinny and had a stick straight pony tail just begging you to pull out a Barbie hair brush and brush it!  After she introduced herself to me and commented on how she liked my purse, she started to get the x-ray machine out.  Now, I know the last time I was there, they did all sorts of things that my insurance didn't cover; so this time, I was on the lookout.  I know that my insurance company only does x-rays once a year so I knew I wasn't due for them yet.  When I was like, "umm I had those done last time," she went to the powers that be and came back and said, "Oh! I must have read the chart wrong!!"  This didn't really inspire much confidence in Miss Barbie.  When she began the cleaning, she described EVERY LITTLE detail.  "Now I'm putting the suction tube in your mouth, this will suck out all the water!"  In my head I was thinking, "No duh blondie! I'm not four"  This ensued for about a half hour, then the real dentist came over.  One thing about dentists that I HATE would be their uncanny ability to come up with the most insipid questions to ask you.  It would be one thing if they were yes/no questions but they aren't, not even one word answers.  They require explanation and thought out responses.  Not something that is easily articulated with a set of hands in your mouth!!!!  The only joy of going to the dentist office is knowing that you don't have to go back for 6 more months!!!


HAPPY:CRAPPY
Happy:  Hanging out with Troy this morning :)
Crappy: Going to the dentist's office :(





No comments:

Post a Comment